https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/26420-headers_and_footers_in_word_2000.html

Headers and footers in Word 2000
Thread poster: Sabry Hameed
Sabry Hameed
Sabry Hameed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 22:00
Member (2004)
Persian (Farsi) to Arabic
+ ...
Nov 7, 2004

Hi all,

I was wondering how to create headers and footer for each page separately, instead of the whole document, or how apply this header or footer on a specifc number of pages.

Thanks in advance

Sabry

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Section breaks Nov 7, 2004

If there are no section breaks in your document, the same header/footer will appear on each page of your document.

Even in this case, you can set separate h/f for your even and odd pages (to do this, select File - Page Settings - Layout - check "Different odd and even pages").
You can also set a different h/f for the first page of your doc: same sequence as before, but check "different first page".

If you want really separate h/f within your doc, you have insert
... See more
If there are no section breaks in your document, the same header/footer will appear on each page of your document.

Even in this case, you can set separate h/f for your even and odd pages (to do this, select File - Page Settings - Layout - check "Different odd and even pages").
You can also set a different h/f for the first page of your doc: same sequence as before, but check "different first page".

If you want really separate h/f within your doc, you have insert section breaks at appropriate positions. (Insert - Break - Section break - usually "New page").

Then go into h/f view (View - Header/Footer) and press the little toggle button on the h/f toolbar that says "same as previous". This should be set OFF.

I hope this helps.
Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:00
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Problem with section breaks Nov 7, 2004

I thought section breaks were the answer, and tried to do it this way in accordance with the Help instructions, but these include using the "Same as Previous" icon, which I find is indicated but greyed out and unusable.

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
section breaks Nov 7, 2004

I used this technique I described above numeruous times. Probably the "same as previous" icon is only enabled when there are actual sections (hence, section breaks) in the document.

Hope to see you in Oxford!
Csaba

Sabry Hameed
Sabry Hameed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2004)
Persian (Farsi) to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your help Nov 8, 2004

It works

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Headers and footers in Word 2000

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »