https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/27510-word_text_alignment_help.html

Word Text alignment help
Thread poster: JapaneseTr
JapaneseTr
JapaneseTr  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:48
Japanese to English
Dec 11, 2004

Hi I am having problems with my Word program. It's Word 2004 on a mac but the issue is quite general.

Do you know how I can make dots in a way that the numbers on the right are right justified while the words on the left are left justified. It's just like a table of contents, only, the pages won't align.

Instead, it looks like this:
Intro...........1
Chapter 1......2
Chapter 2.......3
Chapter 4......4

Thank you so much!
HT

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:48
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Why don´t you set a tabulator on the right Dec 11, 2004

and fill it wit points (...).
What I mean is go to format, click on Tabulator, give the number value, where it should be, chose adjusted to right (radio button) and chose the filling signs you need.
That´s all

Regards
Jerzy

JapaneseTr
JapaneseTr  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:48
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thousand Thanks! Dec 11, 2004

Wow! Jerzy!
It works. Thank you so much. This is such a wonderful help and I am grateful to you. A thousand thanks!
-HT

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word Text alignment help

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »