Power Point file back to Word file
Thread poster: amat
amat
amat
Local time: 22:00
French to Polish
+ ...
Dec 27, 2004

Please advice me if there is an easy way to go back from MS Power Point to Word? I mean without having to go thru the "text boxes" and so on.

Thanks for your cooperation

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
ABBYY FineReader Dec 27, 2004

is for sure the way for converting PPT to .doc.

Regards
Andrzej

Ben Hickman
Ben Hickman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Dutch to English
via PDF Dec 27, 2004

If you only need the text, the most reliable way I've found is to print the PPT to Acrobat Distiller, which results in a PDF. Next open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat and save is as an RTF. You can open the RTF file in Word. This has the unfortunate side effect of placing a hard return at the end of every line, but there are fairly simple ways to remove them, which have been described here many times on ProZ.

If you work with Trados, you can use T-Windows for PowerPoint. Many people who o
... See more
If you only need the text, the most reliable way I've found is to print the PPT to Acrobat Distiller, which results in a PDF. Next open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat and save is as an RTF. You can open the RTF file in Word. This has the unfortunate side effect of placing a hard return at the end of every line, but there are fairly simple ways to remove them, which have been described here many times on ProZ.

If you work with Trados, you can use T-Windows for PowerPoint. Many people who own Trados don't know about this handy program.
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
T-Windows is "out of range" Dec 27, 2004

Ben Hickman wrote:

If you work with Trados, you can use T-Windows for PowerPoint. Many people who own Trados don't know about this handy program.

TagEditor works now fine with PPTs.

Rgds

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Power Point file back to Word file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »