Assigning page numbers
Thread poster: Katy62

Katy62
Local time: 05:00
English to German
+ ...
Jan 10, 2005

Hi,
I had to type a large document and used automatic page numbers in the footnote. Now my boss added another page somewhere in the middle. He doesn't want to print the whole document again (because there now is an additional page and the numbering has shifted) so he simply named the page
145/1... I saved this page 145/1 separately but would prefer to have it as one document. How can I do this so that the document has the automatic pages... 143, 144, 145, 145/1, 146, and so on. Is this even possible? Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
I moved the topic... Jan 10, 2005

to the MS Office Applications forum....I'm assuming that your question relates to MS Word?

Magda

PAS  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Assign sections Jan 10, 2005

Assign a separate section to the inserted page and to the rest of the document following that page.

Select page numbering on the page after the inserted page and select numbering of that section and start with... write in 146.

That way, the first section of the document will be numbered 1-145 (the pages before the inserted page)
the second section (the inserted page) will have a manually inserted "number" 145/1
the third section will be numbered 146-XXX

I hope this is clear. It's not easy to explain in a few words...

HTH
Pawel Skalinski

Katy62
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Page numbering Jan 10, 2005

PAS wrote:

Assign a separate section to the inserted page and to the rest of the document following that page.

Select page numbering on the page after the inserted page and select numbering of that section and start with... write in 146.

That way, the first section of the document will be numbered 1-145 (the pages before the inserted page)
the second section (the inserted page) will have a manually inserted "number" 145/1
the third section will be numbered 146-XXX

I hope this is clear. It's not easy to explain in a few words...

HTH
Pawel Skalinski

Thanks, Pawel, I think I know what you mean. I will give it a try.

Tina Vonhof  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:00
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
One addition Jan 11, 2005

Once you have separated that page with a section break before and after, you have to "view" the header or footer and delete the notation "same as before" on that page and also on the next page. On the next page you then have to indicate where you want the numbering to start.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Assigning page numbers

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs