Sybille  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:12
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Jan 19, 2005

or a website address.
I am not quite sure but I think I could copy a website address into the box, where I wrote my question (and explanation, so that answerers could refer to it.
But is it also possible with a file (including a photo). And how should I do that?

Thanks in advance

Sybille

Direct link Reply with quote

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:12
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Any URL Jan 19, 2005

You can paste any URL ("website address") in your question. It can be an address of a webpage, picture or any other file available online. (That's important - available online; you cannot paste an address of a file that is located only in your computer.)

This is an example of a picture:
http://www.proz.com/profile_resources/034670_r4196626e56a3e.jpg

Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
Place the file online first Jan 19, 2005

Hynek Palatin wrote:

You cannot paste an address of a file that is located only in your computer.)

Hynek is right. Before you can place a link in your question (or answer) to a file, you need to place the file online, such as on your personal website. The file would then acquire a URL of its own, subidiary to the website's URL.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In a Kudoz question: How to paste a document's name for reference

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs