Mobile menu

Graphics compitability Issue in different MS Office versions in different languages
Thread poster: trans;
English to Korean
Jan 26, 2005

I have encountered a really stange situation. I recieved a file which was originally built in English version of MS Office XP Home Edition. I opened the file with my Korean version of MS Office Home Edition.

All the letters looks just fine to me, although it has some ugly unusual symbols attached probably due to difference in language version. However I have a big trouble in finding graphics. About 10% of graphics are virtually gone! and 50% of graphics just show TAGs.

I first thought that happend due to the difference in MS Office version. So I borrowed Korean version of MS Office 2003 and MS Office XP Profesional version and tried to open the file in those different versions.

However, with MS Office 2003 I couldn't see some graphics in main context, but could see all the graphics in print preview window. When I installed 'so called' MS Office XP Profesional version, I could see all the graphics without experiencing any problem at all.

Does any one know or have same kind of problem? I thought, after office XP edition was launched, all versions of MS word are identical or use same type of graphics converter. So far I never had these kind of problems at all. Can language version difference make this kind of problem?

I will appreciate if you guys can help me out. It was a nightmere that I never want to encounter again. About 200 graphics were either not showing nor showing only TAGs at a night before the due date.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Graphics compitability Issue in different MS Office versions in different languages

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs