Thread poster: René Laszlo
René Laszlo
René Laszlo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:42
English to German
+ ...
Jan 27, 2005

I am currently working on a PPT translation. The problem is that the file size increases each time I click on the save button in the menu bar. Even if do not change anything in the ppt file, the file size increases when I click on save. The original file was 1,4 MB, now it's already 2,7 MB - and I'm not nearly halfway through. I've had the same problems with other ppt files and also some word files, especially when I was working in track changes mode.

Any help appreciated.
... See more
I am currently working on a PPT translation. The problem is that the file size increases each time I click on the save button in the menu bar. Even if do not change anything in the ppt file, the file size increases when I click on save. The original file was 1,4 MB, now it's already 2,7 MB - and I'm not nearly halfway through. I've had the same problems with other ppt files and also some word files, especially when I was working in track changes mode.

Any help appreciated.

MS Office 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1
XP Sp2 (Home)
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Switch "fast saving" off Jan 27, 2005

The file growth is probably caused by this feature. If you switch this out (in German "Schnellspeicherung zulassen"), the file should not grow that much.

Regards
Jerzy

René Laszlo
René Laszlo  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bingo ... that's it Jan 27, 2005

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

The file growth is probably caused by this feature. If you switch this out (in German "Schnellspeicherung zulassen"), the file should not grow that much.

Regards
Jerzy

Thanks for your help.

René

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Office 2003: increasing file size

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »