Automatic response in Outlook Express 6.0?
Thread poster: Lorena Becker
Lorena Becker
Lorena Becker
Local time: 13:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 7, 2005

Hi everybody!
I would like to know if an automatic response (in case of vacation, por example) can be created in Outlook Express 6.
Thanks!
Lorena

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:05
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
AFAIK no Feb 7, 2005

Outlook and Outlook Express are local email clients, thus running only, when your PC is on. When you are on holiday, you will probably not leave your PC runnig, won't you?
I would reccomend you to check with your email provider, if automatic response can be set. If ProZ is your provider, then the answer is yes.

Regards
Jerzy

Lorena Becker
Lorena Becker
Local time: 13:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I won't leave it running Feb 7, 2005

Hi Jerzy,
Many thanks for your soon reply. You are right, I won't leave my PC running. I just checked with my e-mail provider (which is not proz) and they told me that I had to check on their web page

Eva Blanar
Eva Blanar  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
What about sending a notice to your acquaintances in advance? Feb 7, 2005

There is one inconvenience about autoreplies: it is very likely that the spam volume will be a multiple of the previous levels by the time you come back. Many spammers don't know a thing about you when they approach you for the first time, but if there is an autoreply, they have hands-on proof that this is a "living" address. And the more polite you are in the wording of the message, the more information you provide about yourself.

So I'd better send some kind of a circular - not
... See more
There is one inconvenience about autoreplies: it is very likely that the spam volume will be a multiple of the previous levels by the time you come back. Many spammers don't know a thing about you when they approach you for the first time, but if there is an autoreply, they have hands-on proof that this is a "living" address. And the more polite you are in the wording of the message, the more information you provide about yourself.

So I'd better send some kind of a circular - not bad to make people remember you, too.

Have a nice holiday
Collapse

Ahmed Ismail
Ahmed Ismail  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
OutLook Express doesnot have this feature Feb 8, 2005

I read that OutLook Express doesnot have this option but the other MS Outlook has it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automatic response in Outlook Express 6.0?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »