MS WOrd, Office 2000: QuickEdit button?
Thread poster: Russell Jones
Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:19
Italian to English
Feb 23, 2005

The following "hidden" text appears on a Word document I have been sent; it means nothing to me and I can find nothing explanatory either on ProZ or the Web:

"DO NOT manually edit the text ... as you may accidentally delete bookmarks.
Please use the QuickEdit button on the Report Toolbar ...
If the Report Toolbar is not present, click on the Links button on the OvaWord Toolbar ..."

I am using Windows XP with Office 2000 SR-1 Premium. Can anyone save me fr
... See more
The following "hidden" text appears on a Word document I have been sent; it means nothing to me and I can find nothing explanatory either on ProZ or the Web:

"DO NOT manually edit the text ... as you may accidentally delete bookmarks.
Please use the QuickEdit button on the Report Toolbar ...
If the Report Toolbar is not present, click on the Links button on the OvaWord Toolbar ..."

I am using Windows XP with Office 2000 SR-1 Premium. Can anyone save me from looking like an amateur to the Agency please?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-23 22:30]
Collapse

Gary Daine (X)
Gary Daine (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
My guess is... Feb 24, 2005

... that this is part of an in-house template on which the document is based, whereby users' options for editing and so on are restricted in different ways, and there are often special toolbars and buttons for aprticular tasks which can be carried out.

You may find a reference to this template in Tools-Templates and Add-Ons (top box).

I hve received several documents of this type, and in general just ignore the warning (although you might check with the client just in
... See more
... that this is part of an in-house template on which the document is based, whereby users' options for editing and so on are restricted in different ways, and there are often special toolbars and buttons for aprticular tasks which can be carried out.

You may find a reference to this template in Tools-Templates and Add-Ons (top box).

I hve received several documents of this type, and in general just ignore the warning (although you might check with the client just in case).

Gary
Collapse

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:19
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Gary Feb 25, 2005

I checked with the client and was advised to ignore it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS WOrd, Office 2000: QuickEdit button?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »