Mobile menu

Balloons missing in Word 2003
Thread poster: xxx
xxx
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 4, 2005

Dear All

I hope someone out there can help me. For some reason, my track changes seems to have gone a little crazy. I can no longer see balloons, even though I have "Always" checked under "Use balloons" in the options. The bizarre thing is that old documents that I know had the balloons showing still have them, but new ones or documents from elsewhere do not. When I have track changes on, the options for balloons under show in the toolbar are not available.

Does anyone have any clues as to why this might be? I'm tearing my hair out here, as the only way I can see changes now is to change the options to "stikethrough", different colours, etc.

Any ideas will be MOST gratefully received.

Iain

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 18:10
German
+ ...
Page Layout View Mar 4, 2005

Iain,

The balloons are only visible in Page Layout View. Are you sure you're not displaying these documents in Normal View?

HTH,
Benjamin

xxx
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed!! Mar 4, 2005

Ah, I didn't know that.

Thanks so much Benjamin, you've just improved my day considerably

Have a nice weekend

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 18:10
German
+ ...
:-) Mar 4, 2005

Glad I could help.

Have a nice weekend, too!

Benjamin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Balloons missing in Word 2003

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs