How to open word file (from pc) in word (mac) of Russian translation
Thread poster: Veronica Westphal
Veronica Westphal
Local time: 03:58
English to Spanish
Mar 16, 2005

I have been trying to open a Russian word file (from pc computer) with a mac, I get garbage, I guess it has something to do with the fonts. Any suggestion? Please let me know

Thanks!!!

multicomg@aol.com

Direct link Reply with quote

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:58
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Try this link Mar 16, 2005

http://www.friends-partners.org/partners/rusmac/wordproc.html

I don't have any experience of Macs, but you might find something helpful here.

There seems to be a problem in entering URLs in forums now, there is often a gap in them which shouldn't be there and can't be edited out. Please copy & paste & delete the gap in "html" to make it usable.

[Edited at 2005-03-16 10:32]

Sergie Ponomarov
Local time: 04:58
Russian to English
+ ...
You need a converter Mar 16, 2005

The PC file has to be saved in MC Word 6/95 format. There is a converter that will do the job. Go to Google and request MAC Russification and it will give you the address where you can download the converter. Or contact me at sergiepon@value.net and I will email it to you. It's a small free program.
SERGIE

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open word file (from pc) in word (mac) of Russian translation

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs