Waleed Mohamed
Waleed Mohamed  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 05:21
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mar 25, 2005

Hello Dear Colleagues,

I just have a question about a specific feature in MS Word.
How can I insert page numbers in a Word file starting from a specific page? To make things clearer, let’s say I have a Word file of 100 pages. I want to insert page numbers from the 30th page up to the end of the file- how can I do this? I only know how to insert page numbers for the whole file. I have one more question in this regard: Can I insert page numbers only for the pages from
... See more
Hello Dear Colleagues,

I just have a question about a specific feature in MS Word.
How can I insert page numbers in a Word file starting from a specific page? To make things clearer, let’s say I have a Word file of 100 pages. I want to insert page numbers from the 30th page up to the end of the file- how can I do this? I only know how to insert page numbers for the whole file. I have one more question in this regard: Can I insert page numbers only for the pages from the 30th to, for example, the 50th page?
The idea is all about how to assign page numbers to a certain part of a Word file.

Many thanks in advance.

Waleed
Collapse

Ken Cox
Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:21
German to English
+ ...
use section breaks Mar 25, 2005

Insert a section break just ahead of where you want the numbering to start. Then make the headers or footers in the different sections different (select 'View Headers and Footers', navigate to the header or footer you want, and disable 'Same as Previous') and insert the page number in the section you want to have numbered. You can specify that the numbering starts at the beginning of the section. Word Help should be able to help you with the details.

[Edited at 2005-03-25 21:15]

[E
... See more
Insert a section break just ahead of where you want the numbering to start. Then make the headers or footers in the different sections different (select 'View Headers and Footers', navigate to the header or footer you want, and disable 'Same as Previous') and insert the page number in the section you want to have numbered. You can specify that the numbering starts at the beginning of the section. Word Help should be able to help you with the details.

[Edited at 2005-03-25 21:15]

[Edited at 2005-03-25 21:16]
Collapse

Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
See also a previous thread on section breaks Mar 26, 2005

The following thread may help you avoid the problem that the Word team at Microsoft created when they made the headers and footers of each section in a Word file identical by defautlt with the previous section, unless the "Link to previous section" button is deactivated by the user:

http://www.proz.com/post/199679

Insert the paginataion only after you 1) insert the section break(
... See more
The following thread may help you avoid the problem that the Word team at Microsoft created when they made the headers and footers of each section in a Word file identical by defautlt with the previous section, unless the "Link to previous section" button is deactivated by the user:

http://www.proz.com/post/199679

Insert the paginataion only after you 1) insert the section break(s); and 2) deactivate the active-by-default "Link to previous section" button.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question on inserting page numbers in Word

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »