MSOfficeXP shortcut bar
Thread poster: baerbel
baerbel
baerbel
Local time: 23:42
English to German
+ ...
May 15, 2005

I had an office shortcut toolbar with my most important dictionaries. Suddenly it disappeared ( I don´t know, how I deletd it). Now clicking on MS tools>shortcut bar, always the message comes up "you must at least have one toolbar...would you like to open one". If I do that I can get my toolbar back as I want, but when I shut down or restart, it has disappeared again and when I click on MStools, shortcut bar, the same message as above comes again. That is, the toolbar I created is not saved. Ho... See more
I had an office shortcut toolbar with my most important dictionaries. Suddenly it disappeared ( I don´t know, how I deletd it). Now clicking on MS tools>shortcut bar, always the message comes up "you must at least have one toolbar...would you like to open one". If I do that I can get my toolbar back as I want, but when I shut down or restart, it has disappeared again and when I click on MStools, shortcut bar, the same message as above comes again. That is, the toolbar I created is not saved. How do I do that?Collapse

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:42
Danish to English
+ ...
MS office toolbar May 15, 2005

Open MS word and click on the questionmark. Then type in the word toolbar - I don't know the name in German. The answer box will show on the right side. Here you will be directed to the area, where you can make changes to the toolbar and save it so it will appear again.

I hope this is what you are looking for. I don't speak German, so I can't give you the exact commands.

Balasubramaniam L.
Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 12:12
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Save your settings May 16, 2005

Here is the help text that I found when I searched for MS Office Shortcut Bar:

Use the Office Shortcut Bar

Some of the content in this topic may not be applicable to some languages.

You can use the Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar for single-click access to the resources you use most often. You can quickly start a new file, open an existing file, or start an Office program.

On the Microsoft Windows Start menu, point to Programs, point to Micros
... See more
Here is the help text that I found when I searched for MS Office Shortcut Bar:

Use the Office Shortcut Bar

Some of the content in this topic may not be applicable to some languages.

You can use the Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar for single-click access to the resources you use most often. You can quickly start a new file, open an existing file, or start an Office program.

On the Microsoft Windows Start menu, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.
Note For Help using the Office Shortcut Bar, click the Office Shortcut Bar menu , and then click Help.

When you configure the Shortcut bar the first time, a small dialogue box appears with the message, "Save the settings and automatically start the shortcut bar on start up?" or something to this effect with a check-box against it. You much check this check-box if you want MS Office to save your settings and automatically load the office short cut bar on start up.

Also if you exit the shortcut bar for any reason (for more space on your desktop, etc.) it again asks, "You are exiting shortcut bar. Do you want Word to automatically load it at next start up? Yes/No." or something to this affect. Here also you should choose "Yes" if you want the shortcut bar to load automatically at next start up.

Hope this helps.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MSOfficeXP shortcut bar

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »