Spell checking both in Czech and German in Word 2000 or 2003
Thread poster: Martina Ley
Martina Ley
Local time: 00:56
German to Czech
+ ...
Jun 6, 2005

Hello,

could someone please explain to me, how can I ensure that MS Word can check my spelling in a few different languages? Sofar I have worked with a Czech version of Word - having here the spell check for my Czech translations. For the checking of spelling in German I have sofar needed und used a German version of Word. That means I used two PCs. One with the Czech Office version, and the other with the German Office version. Lately our technician installed both the Czech Office and the German Office on one PC, seems like the German one were above the Czech one, I guess. Now I plan to upgrade to Office 2003 and would like to have both the spell check for German and for Czech together on one PC within one Word programme. Is there a possibility how to do this without buying both the German and the Czech Office version? I wonder how you handle this?

Thank you very much in advance for your advice.

Kind regards

Martina

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Go for Proofing Tool Kit Jun 6, 2005

You ca buy it by any software reseller in Germany.
Buy the proper version for your Office, it gives you the possibility to work wth only one Word version for each German, Czech and many other languages.

This is not very expensive.

Regards
Jerzy

Martina Ley
German to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Jun 6, 2005

Thank you, Jerzy.
It is about 70-80 Euro. I hope they have Czech here in the middle of Hessen:-).

Kind regards

Martina

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
They should :-) Jun 6, 2005

If you order there, they deliver very quickly.
Made very good experiences with them.

Regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell checking both in Czech and German in Word 2000 or 2003

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs