Mobile menu

How can I get the source document (excel) back ?
Thread poster: Takako Whilden

Takako Whilden  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:03
English to Japanese
Jun 17, 2005

I lost the soruce document I received via E-mail and I haven't even started working on it. I don't know what I was thinking, but I just opened the attachment in e-mail, made some changes to make my work ease and saved it. Now I need the original document. Even in the e-mail, it is revised because I made changes before I saved it to appropriate files. Is there any way to find the original one my client sent to me without asking him to resend ? Because of time difference, I have to wait for his reply for another 12 hrs if asking him is the only solution, which I really don't want to

Direct link Reply with quote
Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:03
English to Chinese
+ ...
Do you use Yahoo or a desktop email program such as Outlook? Jun 17, 2005

In either case, the original file should still be there in the message. I don't think you can change the content of an incoming message that easily.

Momoka  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:03
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Open it directly from your account again and see... Jun 17, 2005

if it's really changed. As far as I've noticed, whenever I download a file directly from e-mail messages my computer automatically sends it to a Temp (temporary file), and when saving it, I'm always asked where to. I don't know exactly what you did, but if you still have the message just check it again from the start and open the file again to see if it's really changed. Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I get the source document (excel) back ?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs