Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:12
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 25, 2005

Word 2000 Windows XP

I have some bits of text with a grey background, conclusions from a document already published in EN. So I want to copy and paste the original, then reproduce the grey background, but I can't figure out how it's done. It's not in a box or a table, just has a grey background.

TIA:-)

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-06-25 21:20]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:12
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
First check please, if this grey background is printed Jun 25, 2005

To do so, simply switch to print preview mode. (Use the magnifying glas on your tool bar)

If no, then these are for sure fields and the grey background is activated to show you, that they are fields.
To switch this on/of go to Tools, Options, View and select/deselect this option for fields.

If this is not the case and you have just text on grey background, which should be printed, select (mark) the text, which should appear on grey background, and use either your
... See more
To do so, simply switch to print preview mode. (Use the magnifying glas on your tool bar)

If no, then these are for sure fields and the grey background is activated to show you, that they are fields.
To switch this on/of go to Tools, Options, View and select/deselect this option for fields.

If this is not the case and you have just text on grey background, which should be printed, select (mark) the text, which should appear on grey background, and use either your table tool bar (symbol for filling) or go to Format, Frames and shadowing and chose proper option there.

And once again - if you don't see something or can't find it, ask Word for help. Due to language differencies between my and yours Word (and the lack of knowledge on my side, how your Word behaves, which tool bars and buttons you have) it is impossible to tell you all steps in step-by-step order. Thank you.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Balasubramaniam L.
Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 13:42
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Please follow these steps: Jun 26, 2005

1. Block the text you want to shade.

2. Go to Format, then Borders and Shading

3. Select the colour you want to apply to the paragraph from the colour palette shown.

4. Select Paragraph for Apply to:

5. Click OK.

And your para will have the shading you have chosen.

You can also remove the shading from a paragraph in the same way. Slect No fill in Step 3 above.

Hope this helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Grey background in part of a text

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »