A message of Microsoft Forms
Thread poster: Takako Whilden
Takako Whilden
Takako Whilden  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:21
English to Japanese
Jun 27, 2005

in the last 3 days or so, everytime I start any MS Office application such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint, a window " Microsoft Forms" with a message saying " This application is about to initialize ActiveX controls that might be unsafe. If you trust the source of this file, select OK and the controls will be initialized using your current workspace settings." pops up. It has started to get my nerves. How can I stop it ?

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:21
English to German
+ ...
MacroMagic Jun 27, 2005

It seems that there are many people having this problem (since Office 2002) but no one found a solution.

I would either try an older Office version or use a macro recorder like MacroMagic to automatically confirm or cancel this form.

Takako Whilden
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, but Jun 27, 2005

Harry_B wrote:

I would either try an older Office version or use a macro recorder like MacroMagic to automatically confirm or cancel this form.

Harry,
I am not familiar with macro recorders. Can you give me an idea how it works and how to use them such as MacroMagic ?

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:21
English to German
+ ...
It's programming for non-programmers Jun 27, 2005

Macro recorders can simulate keyboard inputs and mouse clicks, which you can enter in a menu or simply record while you manually perform them in (nearly) any application.

Those macros can be started by the title of a window which just opened, by a key you assigned to it, or by a word you typed.

MacroMagic supports three different methods to create and set up a macro, and other recorders like GroundControl offer additional methods and functionalities.

The re
... See more
Macro recorders can simulate keyboard inputs and mouse clicks, which you can enter in a menu or simply record while you manually perform them in (nearly) any application.

Those macros can be started by the title of a window which just opened, by a key you assigned to it, or by a word you typed.

MacroMagic supports three different methods to create and set up a macro, and other recorders like GroundControl offer additional methods and functionalities.

The reason for the different methods is, that the more interactive methods (user friendly, intuitive, simple) do not support quite as much functionality as the less interactive ones, which are more like programming.

You can find my favorite macro recorder here: http://www.iolo.com/mm

HTH,
Harry
Collapse

Takako Whilden
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks !! Jun 27, 2005

I will give it a try.

Takako

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A message of Microsoft Forms

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »