Thread poster: Davide De Leo
Davide De Leo
Davide De Leo  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:48
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 30, 2005

maybe you've dealt with this already, but I've just bought Office 2003 in the UK and I need an Italian speller. But how?
Thanks,
Davide

tartuca (X)
tartuca (X)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Proofingtools Jun 30, 2005

Maybe you can buy Proofingtools 2003 from Microsoft. That's a spelchecker in 50 languages, and also in Italian.

Lindsay Sabadosa (X)
Lindsay Sabadosa (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:48
Italian to English
+ ...
The Best Choice Jul 1, 2005

tartuca wrote:

Maybe you can buy Proofingtools 2003 from Microsoft. That's a spelchecker in 50 languages, and also in Italian.

In my opinion, this is the best solution. For around $100 USD (not sure about the UK price but should be on par), you get a lovely product that works and will serve you for years to come. There are cheaper tools available but I think that they were a waste of money compared with the Microsoft 2003 Proofing Tools.
And no, I am not paid by Microsoft for this blantant advertising...

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Speller in Italian Jul 1, 2005

I agree with the others that the Microsoft proofing tools are probably the best solution in your case.

One of the nice things about OpenOffice.org is that not only is the office suite free, all the spelling dictionaries are, too - for forty-six(!) languages.

People who need an occasional spelling checker which can work with any application (for instance, because they occasionally write e-mails in a language for which their e-mail software has no spelling checker) might
... See more
I agree with the others that the Microsoft proofing tools are probably the best solution in your case.

One of the nice things about OpenOffice.org is that not only is the office suite free, all the spelling dictionaries are, too - for forty-six(!) languages.

People who need an occasional spelling checker which can work with any application (for instance, because they occasionally write e-mails in a language for which their e-mail software has no spelling checker) might be interested in Extspell. This is a little standalone utility in tcl/tk (basically a front-end for Aspell). I wrote it for use with OmegaT (which doesn't - yet - have an internal spelling checker), but it can be used with any application that supports the clipboard. It's very basic (like my programming skills), but it does work. Extspell can be downloaded here:

http://www.omegat.org/omegat/resources.html

Marc
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Speller in Italian

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »