Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:28
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi Dominika Jul 5, 2005

Please take a look at this Howto document:

Please also perform a forum search using the search box in the right upper corner: this subject has been discussed in the forums so many times that you will certrainly find lots of information in various threads.

Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:28
Dutch to English
+ ...
CutePDF Jul 5, 2005

I use CutePDF which you can download for free from:

Local time: 12:28
German to Italian
+ ...
free online conversion service Jul 5, 2005

Free online conversion Word --> pdf
Free registration required.

Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 03:28
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Jul 5, 2005

If you have Adobe Acrobat 6.0, which is the full version of the program in contrast with the Acrobat Reader, an icon and a menu will be installed within Word. So, when you finish editing a Doc file and save it, you can simply click on the little Acrobat icon located in the tools bar and it will generate a PDF file for you.

Another way of converting the file is just going to Windows Explorer (or any window that allows you to see the contents of "My Documents", "My Computer"...), right-clicking the Doc you want and choosing "Convert to PDF" from the suspended menu.

Sometimes, when you update Office with patches or new features, the PDF icon and menu usually disappear. I don't know why that happens, but I've realized that if you reinstall Adobe Acrobat 6.0 right after you modify Office, everything gets back to normal.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

converting Word docs into Pdf

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs