https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/34423-pasting_website_text_into_word%3A_hyperlinks.html

Pasting website text into Word: hyperlinks
Thread poster: Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:40
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 6, 2005

I have to copy website text and paste it into Word to translate with Trados. When I paste it all the hyperlinks are displyed not as linked text, but as part of the code: (HYPERLINK "http://www...) (in curly brackets).
Which settings should I change to see them as linked text?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Word is not an HTML editor... Jul 6, 2005

...why don't you save the files as local HTML (preferably: get the 'real' HTML content from your customer...), and use TagEditor?

Best regards,
Ralf

Natalya Zelikova
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jul 6, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

...why don't you save the files as local HTML (preferably: get the 'real' HTML content from your customer...), and use TagEditor?

Best regards,
Ralf

It's just a matter of convenience... I have no problems about this particular job (I can do it in TagEditor) but I already had two Word texts today, which contained hyperlinks, and I just don't like when they are displayed like this...

Valeria Mazza
Valeria Mazza  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Unformatted text Jul 6, 2005

You could use as well the Paste Special option on the Edit menu in Word and then choose "unformatted text" in order to copy your web pages without hyperlinks

Ciao
Valeria

Sorry I've misunderstood your post. Normally you have to select: Tools --> Options --> then you have to find a folder "View" and deselect the box with "Markup codes" (or something like this, i am not sure because i've office in italian:)

Paca!

[Edited at 2005-07-06 19:12]

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Ralf is right but if you need it in Word Jul 6, 2005

just create a new file and save it as html. Then you can paste inside any html code without problem...I hope

Rgds

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
just one clic Jul 6, 2005

Natalya Zelikova wrote:

When I paste it all the hyperlinks are displyed not as linked text, but as part of the code: (HYPERLINK "http://www...) (in curly brackets).
Which settings should I change to see them as linked text?

ALT + F9

Natalya Zelikova
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just 1 click Jul 6, 2005

Toledo wrote:

ALT + F9

Amazingly!)
Thank you very much!

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
processing .html in Word leads to other technical troubles Jul 7, 2005

Hi! MS-Word has the habit of attaching native code whether you want or not while storing the processed .html file, and the file gets unbearably thick (bad for browsing... takes too much time for loading into a browser) your outsourcer may ask you (in my case he had rejected full project)to make them thin, as they were originally, which is next to impossible. Either you have DreamWeaver and load such processed and clean files again into it and reprocess them (some manual work is involved) A typic... See more
Hi! MS-Word has the habit of attaching native code whether you want or not while storing the processed .html file, and the file gets unbearably thick (bad for browsing... takes too much time for loading into a browser) your outsourcer may ask you (in my case he had rejected full project)to make them thin, as they were originally, which is next to impossible. Either you have DreamWeaver and load such processed and clean files again into it and reprocess them (some manual work is involved) A typical matter of conveniece can to a chain of unwanted reactions. Just a piece of adv.
Rgds, Brandis
Collapse

Natalya Zelikova
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jul 7, 2005

Brandis wrote:

Hi! MS-Word has the habit of attaching native code whether you want or not while storing the processed .html file, and the file gets unbearably thick (bad for browsing...
Rgds, Brandis

Thank you, Brandis,

Yes, I know this. Actually I just asked why my hyperlinks changed their appearance in a way I don't like.
I can work with html, so I just used this particular case to describe the problem I'd like to solve.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pasting website text into Word: hyperlinks

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »