How to insert a "grey field in MS Word"
Thread poster: Natalia Rivera
Natalia Rivera
Local time: 09:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 11, 2005

Hello, everyone!
The problem here is that I do not know how these fields are called. They are the ones that appear in grey color in the Word document, in which you can type text and it continues enlarging as much as the text does.

Thanks a lot!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:12
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
They should be called "Fields" indeed Jul 11, 2005

but I have only german Word, so maybe the english name is a different one.

Use the command "Form field" or "Field" from the menu "Insert".

The easiest way would be, however, to search in the Word help function, as there you will find the exact description for what to do in YOUR Word version.

Regards
Jerzy

Can Altinbay  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:12
Japanese to English
+ ...
Text Box? Jul 11, 2005

Natalia Rivera wrote:

Hello, everyone!
The problem here is that I do not know how these fields are called. They are the ones that appear in grey color in the Word document, in which you can type text and it continues enlarging as much as the text does.

Thanks a lot!

I think you may be talking about a text box. It is on the Insert menu, bottom set after Picture and Drawing on WordXP. I have to say this, because sometimes, Microsoft changes things around.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to insert a "grey field in MS Word"

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs