How to split a 1000 page .pdf file in equal parts!!
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 11:14
English to German
+ ...
Aug 16, 2005

Hi! I have been working on this since this afternoon, but fail to realize this. My comp has 1GB memory it is also one of the latest on the market 3.0GHz etc., I have tried to OCR the file, again the comp. stops and I have to close all applications. But there must be some simple method to do this or may be a tool of somekind. I intend to split it after the OCR or before into 100 pages each. Shall appreciate all help Brandis Yes,I am using Acrobat professional 6.0 and but this document I think is ... See more
Hi! I have been working on this since this afternoon, but fail to realize this. My comp has 1GB memory it is also one of the latest on the market 3.0GHz etc., I have tried to OCR the file, again the comp. stops and I have to close all applications. But there must be some simple method to do this or may be a tool of somekind. I intend to split it after the OCR or before into 100 pages each. Shall appreciate all help Brandis Yes,I am using Acrobat professional 6.0 and but this document I think is has some kind of protection, as I cannot extract conttent using the documents>extract function and there is not protection signature of any kind. It´s construction is like an E-Book for the Webprojection finished in FrameMaker 7.1, whether that makes any difference!!

[Edited at 2005-08-16 19:37]
Collapse

Aleksandr Surkov
Aleksandr Surkov
Estonia
Local time: 12:14
English to Russian
+ ...
Adobe Acrobat (not reader) Aug 16, 2005

Document>Pages>Extract

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Tools/capture pages in Acrobat Aug 16, 2005

or print pages 1..500 and 501- to pdf (using Acrobat, PDF995 or CutePDF or a similar tool)

[Edited at 2005-08-16 18:11]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Do you own Acrobat (full version)? Aug 16, 2005

If yes:

================================================================
SPLITTING PDF DOCUMENTS INTO MULTIPLE DOCUMENTS WITH ACROBAT 6
The Extract Pages Tool provides simple way to split a PDF document into two or more separate PDF files with Adobe Acrobat Professional. You can extract pages from an existing PDF
document and use them as the basis for a new PDF document or several documents. When you extract pages, you can preserve the extracted pages in the origin
... See more
If yes:

SPLITTING PDF DOCUMENTS INTO MULTIPLE DOCUMENTS WITH ACROBAT 6
The Extract Pages Tool provides simple way to split a PDF document into two or more separate PDF files with Adobe Acrobat Professional. You can extract pages from an existing PDF
document and use them as the basis for a new PDF document or several documents. When you extract pages, you can preserve the extracted pages in the original document or delete them. To
extract pages from a PDF document, follow these steps:

1. Open the PDF document that contains the pages you want to extract.
2. Choose Document | Pages | Extract to open the "Extract Pages" dialog box
3. Specify a range of pages by entering page numbers in the From and To fields.
4. Click the "Delete Pages After Extracting" checkbox to have Acrobat delete the pages from the original document when they are extracted.
5. Click OK to extract the pages, and Acrobat opens the extracted pages as a new document.
6. Choose File | Save As and then specify a filename and location where you want the extracted pages saved as a new PDF file.

If no:

Please check other possibilities:
http://www.coolutils.com/PDFSplitter
http://www.a-pdf.com/split/
http://www.openarchive.com/renew_pdf.htm
http://www.aquaforest.com/en/pdf_splitter_pdf_junction.asp
etc
http://tinyurl.com/denyv

Please note that most of these programs are not free.
Collapse

German Services
German Services
Local time: 04:14
English to German
+ ...
Encrypted? Aug 16, 2005

Sorry to ask a maybe obvious question: Is the pdf file password protected / encrypted? Can you copy text simply from it?

I get password protected pdf files all the time (various Acrobat security plug-ins), sometimes I can get in touch with the author and ask him to send it decrypted, sometimes not. There are various tools out there to remove these kind of encryptions.

Sorry, I just saw you said it's not encrypted.

[Edited at 2005-08-16 19:20]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
password-yes Aug 16, 2005

Patrick Herbert wrote:

Sorry to ask a maybe obvious question: Is the pdf file password protected / encrypted? Can you copy text simply from it?

I get password protected pdf files all the time (various Acrobat security plug-ins), sometimes I can get in touch with the author and ask him to send it decrypted, sometimes not. There are various tools out there to remove these kind of encryptions.

Sorry, I just saw you said it's not encrypted.

[Edited at 2005-08-16 19:20]
Hi! good that you mention this. Now I found that the document is password protected. Contacting the author or the agency would help I guess. Brandis Sorry all for having taken up your time and thank you again.

[Edited at 2005-08-16 19:49]

Yuri Dubrov
Yuri Dubrov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:14
English to Russian
+ ...
There is another option possible Aug 17, 2005

PDF Password Recovery ( pdf decrypt ) -- pdf password remover software

Powerful pdf tools for creating pdf documents from image,text. Encrypt a pdf documents. Decrypt a pdf documents.
www.adultpdf.com/products/pwdremover

First decrypt then split

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to split a 1000 page .pdf file in equal parts!!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »