Option to prevent the automatic display of Word toolbars?
Thread poster: Laure Delpech
Laure Delpech
Laure Delpech  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:52
Member (2004)
English to French
Aug 24, 2005

Hi,

Whenever I open Word 2003 (11.6359.6360), the Review and Trados toolbars appear automatically. As I like an uncluttered screen, I go to View > Toobars > Customize (or I right-click on them) and untick them.

Although I close Word with these toolbars hidden, the following time I open Word, here they are again! I have to untick the toolbars every single time I open a new file. Quite time consuming.

Do you know if there is an option, somewhere, which can di
... See more
Hi,

Whenever I open Word 2003 (11.6359.6360), the Review and Trados toolbars appear automatically. As I like an uncluttered screen, I go to View > Toobars > Customize (or I right-click on them) and untick them.

Although I close Word with these toolbars hidden, the following time I open Word, here they are again! I have to untick the toolbars every single time I open a new file. Quite time consuming.

Do you know if there is an option, somewhere, which can disable the automatic display of toolbars?

Thank you,
Laure
Collapse

German Services
German Services
Local time: 04:52
English to German
+ ...
Idea Aug 24, 2005

Just an idea: Try changing the settings in Word without any document open (not even a blank one).

Laure Delpech
France
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
It seems to have done the trick Aug 26, 2005

Thank you !

German Services
German Services
Local time: 04:52
English to German
+ ...
You are welcome Aug 27, 2005

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Open your normal.dot, make changes and save it Aug 27, 2005

Usually all settings of Word are stored in the Normal.dot
If you open it, make any changes you wish (this includes tools on toolbars, items in menus and so on) and save the Normal.dot gain. Word should then keep the changes.

If you come to the Conference in Cracow we should speak about Word there - how to customize it, how to use styles and many more. You are all time welcomed to join such session, as soon it will be opened.

Regrds
Jerzy

Laure Delpech
France
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for this Aug 29, 2005

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Usually all settings of Word are stored in the Normal.dot
If you open it, make any changes you wish (this includes tools on toolbars, items in menus and so on) and save the Normal.dot gain. Word should then keep the changes.

If you come to the Conference in Cracow we should speak about Word there - how to customize it, how to use styles and many more. You are all time welcomed to join such session, as soon it will be opened.

Regrds
Jerzy

I think I will go to Cracow.
Laure

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Option to prevent the automatic display of Word toolbars?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »