Mobile menu

Option to prevent the automatic display of Word toolbars?
Thread poster: Laure Trads

Laure Trads  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:51
Member (2004)
English to French
Aug 24, 2005

Hi,

Whenever I open Word 2003 (11.6359.6360), the Review and Trados toolbars appear automatically. As I like an uncluttered screen, I go to View > Toobars > Customize (or I right-click on them) and untick them.

Although I close Word with these toolbars hidden, the following time I open Word, here they are again! I have to untick the toolbars every single time I open a new file. Quite time consuming.

Do you know if there is an option, somewhere, which can disable the automatic display of toolbars?

Thank you,
Laure

Direct link Reply with quote

German Services
Local time: 19:51
English to German
+ ...
Idea Aug 24, 2005

Just an idea: Try changing the settings in Word without any document open (not even a blank one).

France
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
It seems to have done the trick Aug 26, 2005

Thank you !

German Services
Local time: 19:51
English to German
+ ...
You are welcome Aug 27, 2005

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Open your normal.dot, make changes and save it Aug 27, 2005

Usually all settings of Word are stored in the Normal.dot
If you open it, make any changes you wish (this includes tools on toolbars, items in menus and so on) and save the Normal.dot gain. Word should then keep the changes.

If you come to the Conference in Cracow we should speak about Word there - how to customize it, how to use styles and many more. You are all time welcomed to join such session, as soon it will be opened.

Regrds
Jerzy

France
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for this Aug 29, 2005

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Usually all settings of Word are stored in the Normal.dot
If you open it, make any changes you wish (this includes tools on toolbars, items in menus and so on) and save the Normal.dot gain. Word should then keep the changes.

If you come to the Conference in Cracow we should speak about Word there - how to customize it, how to use styles and many more. You are all time welcomed to join such session, as soon it will be opened.

Regrds
Jerzy

I think I will go to Cracow.
Laure

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Option to prevent the automatic display of Word toolbars?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs