Mobile menu

Outlook trouble or server trouble
Thread poster: Josephina Kooijman

Josephina Kooijman  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:52
English to Dutch
Oct 29, 2005

Outlook 2000, Office XP professional. comcast service provider. I am troubleshooting not receiving e-mails, at least, some I do not receive others do come through. Both Microsoft and Comcast point fingers to each other. Is anyone with a e-mail in the format yourname@companyname.com willing to help me out? If you do please send me a message through my proz profile (29708 Josephina Kooijman) and I'll send you the e-mail address I have trouble with.

Direct link Reply with quote

Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
Outlook 2002? Oct 30, 2005

If it is part of Office XP, it should be Outlook 2002, no?

Josephina Kooijman  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:52
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
outlook 2000 Oct 30, 2005

I do have outlook 2000. worked fine, but not anymore. What i am thinking is that myname@companyname.com type of messages are deleted along the way, by either comcast or outlook itself. I'm trying to find out where.

Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
Upgrade first Oct 30, 2005

The problem may in the end prove very simple and perhaps unrelated to Outlook itself, but, I don't see how Outlook 2000 could have any appeal at all in the automn days of 2005, especially considering the many security problems that are not addressed in Outlook 2000. To the best of my knowledge, Microsoft no longer supports Outlook 2000.

I would first upgrade to Outlook 2003, insall MS Office Update installer, run the Update utility from the Office Update page, install all the service packs and other patches, and then see if the problem does not resolve. If it persists, then your email service provider should be contacted to make sure you have the email settings properly assigned.

Timothy Barton
Local time: 03:52
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Upgrade = buy Oct 30, 2005

Fuad Yahya wrote:

The problem may in the end prove very simple and perhaps unrelated to Outlook itself, but, I don't see how Outlook 2000 could have any appeal at all in the automn days of 2005, especially considering the many security problems that are not addressed in Outlook 2000. To the best of my knowledge, Microsoft no longer supports Outlook 2000.

I would first upgrade to Outlook 2003, insall MS Office Update installer, run the Update utility from the Office Update page, install all the service packs and other patches, and then see if the problem does not resolve. If it persists, then your email service provider should be contacted to make sure you have the email settings properly assigned.

As far as I know, Outlook is not free. If I were you I would download Thunderbird. As Fuad has already said, Outlook 2000 is no longer supported and any security issues will not be dealt with. And in any case, the security features in the latest edition of Outlook were already in Mozilla software a long time before, and you can be sure that Thunderbird already has features that won't appear for another couple of years in Outlook.

PS Get Firefox while you're at it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Outlook trouble or server trouble

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs