Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:53
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Nov 9, 2005

G'day everyone
I've heard that CorelDraw uses the same UWL (user word list) as WordPerfect. There is no way I can figure out to use CorelDraw to turn a plaintext list of words into a UWL file, but perhaps there is a way to use WordPerfect to do it? I have a list of 300 000 words that I'd like to use as a UWL... how does one do the conversion? Is there a special tool for it? Or will I have to simply get a recent copy of WordPerfect and add the words one by one (perhaps using AutoIt)?... See more
G'day everyone
I've heard that CorelDraw uses the same UWL (user word list) as WordPerfect. There is no way I can figure out to use CorelDraw to turn a plaintext list of words into a UWL file, but perhaps there is a way to use WordPerfect to do it? I have a list of 300 000 words that I'd like to use as a UWL... how does one do the conversion? Is there a special tool for it? Or will I have to simply get a recent copy of WordPerfect and add the words one by one (perhaps using AutoIt)?

Thanks!
Samuel
Collapse

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:53
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Obviously there is an editor bundled with WordPerfect... Nov 9, 2005

Check out this article:

"Using a third-party dictionary by converting a document to a user word list

In WordPerfect 9, you can use a third-party dictionary by converting a dictionary to a WordPerfect document, and then converting the document to a user word list. You can use a spell utility program from a previous version of WordPerfect to make the conversion. The filenames for the spell utility programs are WT9SPTLEN.EXE (WordPerfect 9), WTSPTLEN.EXE (Corel WordPerfect
... See more
Check out this article:

"Using a third-party dictionary by converting a document to a user word list

In WordPerfect 9, you can use a third-party dictionary by converting a dictionary to a WordPerfect document, and then converting the document to a user word list. You can use a spell utility program from a previous version of WordPerfect to make the conversion. The filenames for the spell utility programs are WT9SPTLEN.EXE (WordPerfect 9), WTSPTLEN.EXE (Corel WordPerfect 8), SPUTL61.EXE (Corel WordPerfect 7 for Windows 95), and SPELLUTL.EXE (Corel WordPerfect 7 for Windows 3.x). You can use any of the spell utility programs to convert the WordPerfect document to a user word list."

http://www.winmag.com/office2000/tips/wordperfect2000_tech_wordperfect.htm
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to create a WordPerfect UWL?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »