Embedded Excel tables - translation disappears
Thread poster: Louise Mawbey
Louise Mawbey  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:03
German to English
Nov 11, 2005

I am translating a Word file which has a few embedded Excel tables in it. By clicking on the pictures I can access the tables and edit the text. However when I click back on the Word text to close the table the text on the table somehow changes back into the original version and the translated version disappears. I would be very grateful if anyone can help.

I'm using Word 2002.

TIA

Louise

Direct link Reply with quote

Daniel Bird  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:03
German to English
Table locked... Nov 11, 2005

...using Forms (toolbar dropdown) and lock? Forms are not part of the standard toolbar so right click in the upstairs area, then check the box next to "Forms".
Not 100% sure but this could possibly be the fault, although normally if locked, I don't think you would be able to edit the table at all.
I had a similar problem a while back, but because of lack of time, I had to use a dodge, rather than getting to the root of the problem. Now I'm prompted to think about it again, maybe a locked form was the problem.
If others have a better idea, we'll all have learned something.
Good luck
DB

[Edited at 2005-11-11 19:20]

Louise Mawbey  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:03
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved - for me anyway!! Nov 14, 2005

Thanks for the idea Daniel, unfortunately this was not the answer so I contacted the agency. They got back to me later saying the client "made a big mistake" with the Excel tables and the client will now do them themselves. So the problem has been solved for me but I still don't know what was wrong and how it could have been solved, if at all!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Embedded Excel tables - translation disappears

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs