The vanishing language selector
Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:42
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jan 19, 2006

To mark text chunks with a language attribute one can use the little selector in Word. Unfortunately this does not fit to the standard tool bar, but can be added to it from the formatting group.
How can I make it stick, so that the language selector is in the tool bar the next time I start up my computer? Seems that the tool bar changes are not saved in How can I save the outlook of my toolbar?
Thanks for help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:42
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Macro Jan 19, 2006

I use a very handy macro that hightlights the whole document and sets it to a particular language. You can also easily record a macro for just switching to a particular language for any text selected by you.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The vanishing language selector

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs