Mobile menu

spell checker isn’t working
Thread poster: Carlos Avila
Carlos Avila
Local time: 14:23
English to Portuguese
Feb 3, 2006

Hi everybody,

I have a little problem and hope someone can help me.
I reformat my computer recently and reinstall my Office 97 and Trados Freelance Edition3 .
The problem now is that the spell checker isn’t working when I am translating into Portuguese or any other language. Only the English spell checker is working.
Could anybody help me?
Thanks
Carlos


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Suzanne Blangsted  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:23
Danish to English
+ ...
spelling Feb 4, 2006

Reinstall your Portuguese spell-checker.

I use a Danish spell-checker and found that I have had to reinstall it when I have done a major, major clean-up, or MS Word has given me problems where I have had to remove and reinstall M$ Word.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Carlos Avila
Local time: 14:23
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
how can I reinstall my spell-checker Feb 4, 2006

Thanks Blangsted,

Just one more thing, how can I reinstall the spell-checker?
Is it part of Trados?
All I did in the past was installing MS Office and then install Trados. Everything was working fine. I don't remember having specifically installing a spell-checker.
Thanks again.
Carlos
BLANGSTED wrote:

Reinstall your Portuguese spell-checker.

I use a Danish spell-checker and found that I have had to reinstall it when I have done a major, major clean-up, or MS Word has given me problems where I have had to remove and reinstall M$ Word.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Suzanne Blangsted  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:23
Danish to English
+ ...
spell check Feb 4, 2006

Carlos Avila wrote:

Thanks Blangsted,

Just one more thing, how can I reinstall the spell-checker?
Is it part of Trados?
All I did in the past was installing MS Office and then install Trados. Everything was working fine. I don't remember having specifically installing a spell-checker.
Thanks again.
Carlos
BLANGSTED wrote:

Reinstall your Portuguese spell-checker.

I use a Danish spell-checker and found that I have had to reinstall it when I have done a major, major clean-up, or MS Word has given me problems where I have had to remove and reinstall M$ Word.

-------


If you installed Word in your language, then your language is associated with that program. Reinstalling/repair the program (use the function for repair) should take care of that. Otherwise, Microsoft has a multi-language spell-checker on a CD (possible also as download) that you can buy. By the way, - do you have the correct language pair checked correctly in Work Bench???

[Edited at 2006-02-04 16:20]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Carlos Avila
Local time: 14:23
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
spell checker problem solved Feb 5, 2006

Hi Blangsted, I figured it out.
My Office 97 is in English, what I did was download the corresponding Portuguese files and copy them in the folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PROOF
It is working now.
Thank-you very much
Have a good weekend.
Carlos

BLANGSTED wrote:

Carlos Avila wrote:

Thanks Blangsted,

Just one more thing, how can I reinstall the spell-checker?
Is it part of Trados?
All I did in the past was installing MS Office and then install Trados. Everything was working fine. I don't remember having specifically installing a spell-checker.
Thanks again.
Carlos
BLANGSTED wrote:

Reinstall your Portuguese spell-checker.

I use a Danish spell-checker and found that I have had to reinstall it when I have done a major, major clean-up, or MS Word has given me problems where I have had to remove and reinstall M$ Word.

-------


If you installed Word in your language, then your language is associated with that program. Reinstalling/repair the program (use the function for repair) should take care of that. Otherwise, Microsoft has a multi-language spell-checker on a CD (possible also as download) that you can buy. By the way, - do you have the correct language pair checked correctly in Work Bench???

[Edited at 2006-02-04 16:20]


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

spell checker isn’t working

Advanced search






Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs