MS-Word is starting in protected mode
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 12:45
English to German
+ ...
Mar 29, 2006

this is happening since three days, I have uninstalled and re-installed Office 2003 multiple times, but whenever I start a document, word starts in protected mode and the document has to be loaded manually. I have uninstalled Trados and all to avoid further trouble and also disabled word as editor in Outlook. I shall appreciate all helping hints. I have no trouble working with protected mode, but why is it starting explicitly in this mode. It displays some document is being saved etc. even when ... See more
this is happening since three days, I have uninstalled and re-installed Office 2003 multiple times, but whenever I start a document, word starts in protected mode and the document has to be loaded manually. I have uninstalled Trados and all to avoid further trouble and also disabled word as editor in Outlook. I shall appreciate all helping hints. I have no trouble working with protected mode, but why is it starting explicitly in this mode. It displays some document is being saved etc. even when I just start the program without opening any document.Best Brandis

[Edited at 2006-03-29 06:05]
Collapse

Dan Schioenning Larsen
Dan Schioenning Larsen
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Delete normal.dot Mar 29, 2006

Try searching for, and deleting all instances of normal.dot on your computer and restarting Word after that.

Word will generate a new normal.dot on startup.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ingenious Mar 29, 2006

Dan Larsen wrote:

Try searching for, and deleting all instances of normal.dot on your computer and restarting Word after that.

Word will generate a new normal.dot on startup.
worked like magic. Initially I had searched for it, but later started word and searched under the Menü "vorlagen" templates and removed it. Now it is functioning normally. Thank you Brandis

[Edited at 2006-03-29 19:48]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS-Word is starting in protected mode

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »