Boost your career as a professional translator!

Boost your career as a professional translator! SDL hosts a virtual conference featuring a selection of free resources to help grow your freelance business, as well as an update on the new features of the world’s most trusted translation software - SDL Trados Studio 2017

Click for Full Participation

More than one table of content in Word 2002 XP
Thread poster: Rosa María Domínguez
Rosa María Domínguez
Local time: 13:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 9, 2006

Hi all!

I have created a TOC in MS Word 2002 (XP) ok. I now need to create another one, since I need to group Charts and Annexes separately. How can I do that?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Can Altinbay  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:56
Japanese to English
+ ...
Is it just one other table? Jun 9, 2006

You use Insert>Reference>Cross-Reference to get the entries into your other table, then Insert>Reference>Indexes and Tables to create your table. I've done this with figures before. I'm not sure if you can create separate ones for figures and tables and other cross-references, and Help, as usual, is horrible to try to get this information from, but if you get stuck, I'll see if I can look at this further for you.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:56
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use standard styles for TOC Jun 9, 2006

and use special styles for picture description (Word has a style for that, use the insert command) and define a style for annexes. Then you can create TOC only from those styles.

Please ask Word for help - this is very well explained there.

Regards
Jerzy

Rosa María Domínguez
Local time: 13:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 12, 2006

Thank you both guys for your help

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

More than one table of content in Word 2002 XP

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums