https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/49283-help_needed_in_connection_with_track_changes_function_of_ms_word.html

Help needed in connection with Track Changes function of MS Word
Thread poster: Sanjiv Sadan (X)
Sanjiv Sadan (X)
Sanjiv Sadan (X)
Local time: 01:52
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jun 12, 2006

Track Changes is a great function of MS Word as it helps in ascertaining the changes made by a person. I would be obliged if someone could advise me in this respect:

1. Whenever I make a correction, it shows the name and time at which the correction was made. Is there any method by which we can just have the name and not the time.

2. Sometimes, the matter deleted is shown as striked in the text itself and sometimes it is shown in a box in the right side. How can I al
... See more
Track Changes is a great function of MS Word as it helps in ascertaining the changes made by a person. I would be obliged if someone could advise me in this respect:

1. Whenever I make a correction, it shows the name and time at which the correction was made. Is there any method by which we can just have the name and not the time.

2. Sometimes, the matter deleted is shown as striked in the text itself and sometimes it is shown in a box in the right side. How can I always have it in a box in the right side?

3. How can I set the colours of the edited text and the name of the editor?

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Marta Fernandez-Suarez (X)
Marta Fernandez-Suarez (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:22
English to Spanish
as for colours and ballons Jun 12, 2006

Hello

You can change these two options from the Word interface by going to Tools>Options and choosing Track Changes. If you want the boxes to appear when a change is made, you can chose "Always" in the bit where it says Balloons/ Use Ballons".

As for the name and date, I think that has to do with the time, date and username of your computer. I am not sure if there is an option to change it only for Track Changes.

Kind regards and good luck

Mar
... See more
Hello

You can change these two options from the Word interface by going to Tools>Options and choosing Track Changes. If you want the boxes to appear when a change is made, you can chose "Always" in the bit where it says Balloons/ Use Ballons".

As for the name and date, I think that has to do with the time, date and username of your computer. I am not sure if there is an option to change it only for Track Changes.

Kind regards and good luck

Marta
Collapse

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:22
English to Spanish
Show button Jun 12, 2006

The SHOW button on your toolbar will allow you to Hide/Show formatting changes, comments, insertions and deletions. click on the SHOW button and
Select FINAL
Unselect COMMENT
Unselect Reviewer.
See if that works.

Dees
Dees  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:22
English to French
+ ...
User information Jun 12, 2006

Hi Sanjiv,

To modify the name displayed in the bubbles, go to Tools > Options > "User Information" Tab.

[Edited at 2006-06-12 20:04]

Cecilia Paris
Cecilia Paris  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
Normal - Print view Jun 13, 2006

Sanjiv Sadana wrote:

2. Sometimes, the matter deleted is shown as striked in the text itself and sometimes it is shown in a box in the right side. How can I always have it in a box in the right side?

When your page is in "Normal"view, the changes appear as striked in the text. When you change to "Print" view everything that you deleted will be shown in boxes on the right side of your page and the text will have the "final corrected form". To swop these views you can ei
... See more
Sanjiv Sadana wrote:

When your page is in "Normal"view, the changes appear as striked in the text. When you change to "Print" view everything that you deleted will be shown in boxes on the right side of your page and the text will have the "final corrected form". To swop these views you can either click the icons on the left bottom side of your screen or select the option from "View" tab at the top of your page.

Regards
Cecilia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help needed in connection with Track Changes function of MS Word

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »