Word closing down II
Thread poster: Débora D'Eramo

Débora D'Eramo
United States
Local time: 17:14
English to Spanish
Aug 19, 2006

Hi everybody,
I'm using Word 2003 together with Trados Everything has been running smoothly so far until today. I've opened a Word document sent to me yesterday and, when I try to open the first segment with Trados, Word automatically closes down and launches the recovery procedure. I've checked the forum and seen that there's a previous posting about this issue, in which they recommend to unistall some Windows patches. I've tried this and the problem continues. I wonder if the file itself could be causing the problem since I can work with other Word files normally.
I welcome your suggestions.
Many thanks indeed and have a nice weekend.

Direct link Reply with quote

Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:14
English to French
This question has indeed come up Aug 19, 2006

Did you try to remove smart tags?
Have a good weekend,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word closing down II

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs