Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:16
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Aug 22, 2006

For the purpose of subtitling a customer sent me two files, where I cannot select the source text, I can only write the translation into boxes underneath each chunk of text.
I cannot place the cursor anywhere else and copy anything.

I would like to see the text as a whole, because when sentences are split into 4-6 chunks it's a bit difficult to understand the meaning. And I would like to use spelling checker of course.
But when I save the document as text, all macros are lost and the source text is gone. TagEditor cannot open the files, because they are protected (80005).
I cannot select all, nothing happens.
Any idea what I could do?

I asked the customer to send the files also as normal Word-documents, but I don't know yet if they will do it.

Thanks for suggestions.

Heinrich

Got it already. I saved the file as pdf and read it into Finereader. All's well.

[Bearbeitet am 2006-08-22 01:55]

Direct link Reply with quote

Hussam  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 15:16
Arabic to English
+ ...
What is the type of document? Aug 22, 2006

I would like to know the type of document in order to help you ( doc, rtf, pdf, ...)

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protected doc

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums