Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:15
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Aug 22, 2006

For the purpose of subtitling a customer sent me two files, where I cannot select the source text, I can only write the translation into boxes underneath each chunk of text.
I cannot place the cursor anywhere else and copy anything.

I would like to see the text as a whole, because when sentences are split into 4-6 chunks it's a bit difficult to understand the meaning. And I would like to use spelling checker of course.
But when I save the document as text, all macros are lost and the source text is gone. TagEditor cannot open the files, because they are protected (80005).
I cannot select all, nothing happens.
Any idea what I could do?

I asked the customer to send the files also as normal Word-documents, but I don't know yet if they will do it.

Thanks for suggestions.

Heinrich

Got it already. I saved the file as pdf and read it into Finereader. All's well.

[Bearbeitet am 2006-08-22 01:55]

Direct link Reply with quote

Hussam
Local time: 10:15
Arabic to English
+ ...
What is the type of document? Aug 22, 2006

I would like to know the type of document in order to help you ( doc, rtf, pdf, ...)

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protected doc

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs