Reed James
Reed James
Chile
Local time: 22:40
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Aug 24, 2006

Hello.

I have a glossary with macros that automatically place new terms at the top of the Word document. I would like to type information above any glossary entries so that each new entry appears beneath the initial information.

I could do this with a header, but I don't want the same information to appear on each page; only the first one. How could I go about doing this? TIA.

Reed

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:40
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Select this option... Aug 24, 2006

Dear Reed,

I'm not sure to understand pefectly what you are doing with your glossary and macro, but it is easy to just make a header/footer on the first page different from the following pages.

Select the menu View, and then the option Headers and Footers

On the toolbar that appears, click on Page Setup (browse the icons it to locate it reading the tooltips)

On the dialog Page Setup, you will find 3 tabs. Select the Layout tab, and then the option Different first page

And you are done!

In this document, anything placed on the header or footer of the first page will not appear in any of the following pages.

bye
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2006-08-24 15:36]

Piotr Sawiec
Piotr Sawiec  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:40
English to Polish
+ ...
two possibilities Aug 24, 2006

One - there is an option in File/Page Settings (I do not know the exact English menu, mine is in Polish), and in the last panel you will find an option to select from: either the same or a different header on the first page

the second option is to use sections and select different headers for different sections, and you can select it in header/footer menu

Piotr

Reed James
Reed James
Chile
Local time: 22:40
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
That worked just fine Aug 24, 2006

Gianfranco Manca wrote:

Dear Reed,

I'm not sure to understand pefectly what you are doing with your glossary and macro, but it is easy to just make a header/footer on the first page different from the following pages.

Select the menu View, and then the option Headers and Footers

On the toolbar that appears, click on Page Setup (browse the icons it to locate it reading the tooltips)

On the dialog Page Setup, you will find 3 tabs. Select the Layout tab, and then the option Different first page

And you are done!

In this document, anything placed on the header or footer of the first page will not appear in any of the following pages.

bye
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2006-08-24 15:36]

Gianfranco,

Hi. Thanks for the easy instructions. If you want to view my glossary, you may download it from: http://www.spangate.my.proz.com/glossaries.html.

Regards,

Reed

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Header on first page only in Word

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »