Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 23:50
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Sep 15, 2006

Hi,

I've recently installed Office 2003, and the following 'auto-editing' feature in Word is driving me crazy:

During the editing of a document (written elsewhere), when I add a word with a Capital letter at the beginning of a sentence, the Capital letter gets lowercase as soon as I push the space bar following that word.

Can't work out what auto-feature causes this...

Thanks, Doron

Direct link Reply with quote

Cilian O'Tuama
Local time: 22:50
German to English
+ ...
What's the word before it? Sep 15, 2006

go to Tools / Autocorrect Options / Autocorrect

There is an option there for capitalising. To the right of this option there is a box for "Exceptions".

I can only guess that you have ticked the "capitalize first letter of sentences", and that the word preceding the troublesome one is actually one of your "exceptions".

As I say, just guessing.

Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 23:50
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good guess, but... Sep 15, 2006

Thanks Cilian, however I checked the Exceptions tabs and there is nothing there. Yet you may be right in that Word wants to capitalize (there's a check in that box), and I 'force' it to decapitlize...

Have a good weekend, Doron

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A Word auto-edit feature I want removed

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs