Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:56
Member (2004)
Farsi (Persian) to English
+ ...
Nov 30, 2006

Hi

I recently installed Star Office v.8 (SUN) as an alternative to MS-Office but I can't seem to make Trados work with it.

Is it possible at all to integrate Trados Work bench with this package like the way we do with MS-Office programs?

Best

rahi

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxMarc P  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:56
German to English
+ ...
Star Office 8 and Trados Nov 30, 2006

Rahi Moosavi wrote:

I recently installed Star Office v.8 (SUN) as an alternative to MS-Office but I can't seem to make Trados work with it.

Is it possible at all to integrate Trados Work bench with this package like the way we do with MS-Office programs?

The simplest way is probably to convert OOo files to Word etc. with "Save As" in OpenOffice.org.

Marc

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Trados won't work with StarOffice Nov 30, 2006

Trados cannot work from within StarOffice, as SO has a different programming language from the one used in Microsoft products.

As Marc mentioned, you can only convert your files and then use TagEditor, or work directly on odt files in TagEditor (the latest version of SDLX Trados supports OpenDocument).

There are currently no CAT tools that run from within StarOffice or OpenOffice.org

Sonja

Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:56
Member (2004)
Farsi (Persian) to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SO v.8 Nov 30, 2006

Thanks, think I'm going to stick to MS-Office then.

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
alternative is... Nov 30, 2006

to use OpenSource products - like OmegaT - it is familiar with OpemOffi8ce formats.

smo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Star Office 8 and Trados

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs