Thread poster: Khalid Nasir
Khalid Nasir
Khalid Nasir
Iraq
Local time: 23:49
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 13, 2006

I use MS office applications in work. I needed through my translation work to jump sentence by sentence, one after another, through my text. The sentence is the basic unit for translation work. I did the following module in MS Word application to assist me to jump and select "letter by letter in a moving selection" the next sentence to the insertion point and speak it. You can customize your tool bar to assign a key or menu to this module so you will able to move sentence by sentence through you... See more
I use MS office applications in work. I needed through my translation work to jump sentence by sentence, one after another, through my text. The sentence is the basic unit for translation work. I did the following module in MS Word application to assist me to jump and select "letter by letter in a moving selection" the next sentence to the insertion point and speak it. You can customize your tool bar to assign a key or menu to this module so you will able to move sentence by sentence through your text. To see this module how to work, open VB in your Word application, select Project (Document1) in the project explorer window, insert a standard module and userform from the insert menu and copy the following code to the inserted module. Insert TextToSpeech control in userform. When you press the assigned key or menu the insertion point jumps to the next sentence, selects and reads it
To adjust this module to your pairs , you should replace wdEnglishUK & wdEnglishUS to the relevant language constant members of your pairs from WdLanguageID go to VB help for this.

Sub GoToNextSentence()
Selection.Move wdSentence, 1
Selection.Sentences.First.Select
mytext = Selection.Sentences.First
Selection.Collapse _
Direction:=wdCollapseStart
For x = 1 To Len(mytext)
Start = Timer
Selection.MoveRight _
wdCharacter, 1, wdExtend
Do Until Timer > Start + 0.005
DoEvents
Loop
Next x
Selection.Sentences.First.Select
If Len(Selection.Range) > 250 Then
UserForm5.TextToSpeech1.Speed = 140
Else
UserForm5.TextToSpeech1.Speed = 160
End If
If Selection.Range.LanguageID _
= wdEnglishUK _
Or Selection.Range.LanguageID _
= wdEnglishUS Then
UserForm5.TextToSpeech1.Speak _
(Selection.Sentences.First)
End If
End Sub
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Jumping Sentence by Sentence through Word Application

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »