Info sought in respect of MS Publisher
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:05
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Dec 20, 2006

I would be thankful if someone could answer the following queries in respect of MS Publisher.

If it is different from MS Word?

Can we type the text in it just like MS Word?

Can the text typed in MS Word be
successfully pasted in MS Publisher?

Is it a part of MS Office or is it a separate software?

Does the 2003 version of MS Office contain the MS Publisher?

Any further information in respect of MS Publisher will be highly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Igor Liba  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:35
Member (2006)
English to Slovak
+ ...
MS Publisher Dec 20, 2006

MS publisher is a part of MS Office 2003. You can type in Publisher similarly to Word and paste the text written in Word. You can also import word documents. The MS publisher is for creation of publications, presentations etc.

Ana Naglić  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:35
Member (2005)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Publisher 2007 Dec 20, 2006

Publisher 2007 (at least Beta+technical upgrade that I tried) is great and simple, you can make whatever you want in just a few clicks (from business cards to jar labels or even web pages), you have plenty of templates and customizations, and menus are improved (when you get used to them).

Local time: 16:35
English to Urdu
+ ...
Publisher Tutorial Dec 24, 2006

Thanks Langclinic, you have posted just what I wanted to ask. Upon insistence of my client, I have installed MS Publisher 2007 for which I had to instal whole the MS Office 2007 which changed the MS Word too. The new Word appears to be better having many additional features.

But I am unable to pick up the MS Publisher due to its differences from MS Word. Can someone kindly lead me (and all the newbies) to some comprehensive tutorial which helps us to get started. I am even unable to start typing on the Publisher because I don't know how the cusror appears on the Publisher page !!!. I have seen a couple of tutorials at Google but they are not so helpful.

Thanks in advance for that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Info sought in respect of MS Publisher

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs