Is there any Track Changes command in MS Excel like MS Word?
Thread poster: Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 00:42
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Dec 24, 2006

I need to edit a MS Excel document and the agency wants that I should activate the track changes command so as to ascertain the changes made by me.

I have been using Track Changes command in MS Word but this is the first time that I need to edit an Excel document by using it. I tried to locate the function but in vain.

Could you inform whether this facility is available in Excel at all? If so, how can I access the same?

I have Office XP.

[Edit
... See more
I need to edit a MS Excel document and the agency wants that I should activate the track changes command so as to ascertain the changes made by me.

I have been using Track Changes command in MS Word but this is the first time that I need to edit an Excel document by using it. I tried to locate the function but in vain.

Could you inform whether this facility is available in Excel at all? If so, how can I access the same?

I have Office XP.

[Edited at 2006-12-24 16:19]
Collapse

Elías Sauza
Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:12
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes Dec 24, 2006

In the Toolbar, Tools, you can find that option. Make sure to select the box on top (effect changes as you modify) and the one below which let's you highlight changes on the screen.

Good luck,

Elías

[Edited at 2006-12-24 20:06]

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 00:42
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much for your help Dec 25, 2006

I am indebted to you for your suggestion.

Elías Sauza wrote:

In the Toolbar, Tools, you can find that option. Make sure to select the box on top (effect changes as you modify) and the one below which let's you highlight changes on the screen.

Good luck,

Elías

[Edited at 2006-12-24 20:06]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there any Track Changes command in MS Excel like MS Word?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »