Mobile menu

Help: How to insert a Powerpoint file in a Word doc. ( Windows XP, Office 2000)
Thread poster: Vitoria Ginja
Vitoria Ginja
Local time: 02:15
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 10, 2007

Dear All

Can anyone help me please?
I'm trying to insert a PowerPoint file (one single slide) in a Word doc. I'm not being very lucky up to now...

Thanks in advance for your help!

[Editada em 2007-01-10 14:57]

[Editada em 2007-01-10 14:57]

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:15
English to German
+ ...
The easiest way Jan 10, 2007

If you do not need any dynamic connection to Powerpoint save it in Powerpoint as a gif or jpg:

Put the desired slide on screen
File - Save as
Select jpg or gif as file type instead of ppt (you have to scroll down a little)
Save the picture to the place where you need it and insert it in Word with Insert - picture.

I hope I got the menus right, for lately I only work with the German versions.

Good luck!

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:15
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
V Jan 10, 2007

In PowerPoint select View > Slide Sorter. Put the cursor in the slide you want to copy and copy the slide (Ctrl + C OR Edit > Copy). Than go to the MS Word file and paste it there. This should do the trick.

Sonia Salvatierra
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Something more Jan 10, 2007

To complement what Henrik and Claudia said, if you will not need improving or changing the slide, just have a copy to see it:
Instead of Paste, use special paste, then select image (the improved one, I have the term in spanish: metarchivo mejorado) and accept.
The advantage is relationed to bytes. Original slide will ocuppy a bigger amount of kb than the image. You can try and see the difference.

Vitoria Ginja
Local time: 02:15
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Many thanks indeed! Jan 11, 2007

Thank you Claudia, I followed your suggestion, and it worked perfectly! Thank you also Henrik and Sonia for your tips, I'll also try them and see how it works.
An excellent 2007 for you all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help: How to insert a Powerpoint file in a Word doc. ( Windows XP, Office 2000)

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs