Mobile menu

Spellcheck in Word 2003
Thread poster: Tina Colquhoun

Tina Colquhoun  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:27
Danish to English
+ ...
Jan 18, 2007

Previously, when you spellchecked in Word, the dialog box contained the bit of text currently being checked would move down the page as you worked your way through the document. Now it remains stationary and you only work your way through the text displayed in the dialog, i.e. the surrounding, 'real' doc on which the dialog sits does not do anything.

It's only a minor irritation, but does anyone know why this is?

Direct link Reply with quote

Tony M  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:27
French to English
+ ...
Works fine for me! Jan 18, 2007

I don't know what specific problem you have, Tina, but it works fine for me [using Word 2003 (FR version) under Windows XP (he)]

I wonder if it is something to do with your display settings, though I have tried it in all page modes and it seems to behave the same (i.e. as intended!) in all of them.

So I suspect you must have some kind of an anomaly...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spellcheck in Word 2003

Advanced search

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs