Lubain Masum  Identity Verified
Bangladesh
Local time: 05:05
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
Jan 19, 2007

Hi every one

I have just completed a Bengali to English project where there is one large table stretching 11 pages.

As the project was urgent, I distributed it to my co-translators and now when I wanted to compile the separate tables into one single table but I found out that I do not know how to merge tables.

All the tables are same size (same numbers of columns and rows) and another thing I do not have the soft of the original file.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Tony M  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:05
French to English
+ ...
Try this... Jan 19, 2007

(in Word)

Usually, you can just copy and paste the tables one after the other into a fresh document, and as long as everything corresponds correctly, you simply place the cursor in the gap between each table and the next, and press Backspace/Delete, which removes the gap, and hey presto! as if by magic they go back together

Sometimes, it can be a bit tricky to find just the right place to delete — it may help you to turn on the display of hidden characters

[Edited at 2007-01-19 13:40]

Bangladesh
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 19, 2007

Thanks! It is really magic!

Bangladesh
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another related question Jan 19, 2007

Can anyone tell me how to give commands in word so that the sentences in the first row of a table will repeat at the beginning of each page of the table?

I know it is easy but I do not know!

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:05
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
Put the cursor anywhere in the table and hit Table > Heading Rows Repeat Jan 19, 2007

I hope this helps.

Henry

Bangladesh
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Henry Jan 20, 2007

Thanks Henry. It helped a lot.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to merge separate tables into one?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs