Thread poster: Angel_7
Not receiving in emails in Outlook

Angel_7  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:55
French to English
+ ...
Feb 15, 2007

Outlook has stopped receiving incoming messages and I am having to look at my webmail to pick them up. Even when I go to Tools, Send and Receive All nothing is happening. What could have gone wrong?

I am in the process of transferring to a different ISP but don't see why this should affect things, as I am still receiving my email (in my Webmail account).

Direct link Reply with quote

franksf
Chinese to English
Check the settings Feb 15, 2007

On Outlook go to Tools->Email accounts and make sure all the settings are still there and correct. Write down the incoming e-mail server name (POP3 server) and the outgoing e-mail server (SMTP) name. Open up a Command window and type telnet "incoming e-mail server name" 110 and see if it goes through, do the same for the smtp server at port 25: telnet "outgoing e-mail server" 25.

gamax  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Incoming Folder is full Feb 15, 2007

Short ago I've had the same problem. After a while -and a lot of trouble checking settings and just about everithing- I realized that my incoming folders were up to the top.

Outlook does not have any way to check this. It must be done through the facilities of your server, if you are able to.

Any way, you can give it a try, since we -I, for one- usually keep a lot of mail that we really do not need.

Delete the mesages -you can make a backup copy first- and see what happends.

If your server provides technical support service you can allways ask them.

Good luck!!

Iván Madrigal  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:55
English to Spanish
Check the encrypting settings of your new isp... Mar 25, 2007

sometimes outlook doesn't want to download anything from unsecured/unencrypted lines (like in most open Wi-Fi's and some isp's).

It happened to me earlier and after a lot of research, shouting to customer service people (poor guys) and stressing myself, this happened to be the reason.

Iván Madrigal  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:55
English to Spanish
Mar 25, 2007

[Editado a las 2007-03-25 19:03]

Angel_7  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:55
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 1, 2007

Thanks to everyone. In this case it seems to have been a problem with my ISP and things were restored to normal within a few days.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not receiving in emails in Outlook

SDL AutoSuggest Creator Add-on
Speed up manual translations with sub-segment matching

AutoSuggest accelerates translation editing in SDL Trados Studio 2014 through intelligent sub-segment matching suggestions while you type.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm Extract 2014
Save time by automatically extracting terms. Save 15% on ProZ.com

SDL MultiTerm Extract 2014 allows you to automatically create candidate term lists from your existing documentation. This removes the manual effort involved with traditional terminology creation, allowing you to rapidly add terms to SDL MultiTerm.

More info »