Word 2002 only displays tool bars on opening
Thread poster: maryrose
maryrose
maryrose  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:54
English
+ ...
Feb 20, 2007

Hi everyone. This is an annoying habit that my Word 2002 does mostly, but not always. I get a band across the screen comprising the top and bottom toolbars but no writing window. It's curable by clicking on maximise, but how can I stop it happening in the first place and why does it do it? I tried reinstalling but it made no difference.

It also never opens the options pane down the right hand side of the screen.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

PS I us
... See more
Hi everyone. This is an annoying habit that my Word 2002 does mostly, but not always. I get a band across the screen comprising the top and bottom toolbars but no writing window. It's curable by clicking on maximise, but how can I stop it happening in the first place and why does it do it? I tried reinstalling but it made no difference.

It also never opens the options pane down the right hand side of the screen.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

PS I use Trados.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 2002 only displays tool bars on opening

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »