Thread poster: Anne Lee

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:00
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Feb 23, 2007

When 2 different people review the same file with 'track changes' switched on, one after the other, the names of the reviewers are visible in the 'track change' bubbles. I would like the changes to remain visible, but for the reviewer names to be deleted so that the customer cannot tell which reviewer made which change. Is there any way of doing this? I think I have gone through all the Office help files now but could not find the anwer.

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxMihai Badea  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Removing reviewer names Feb 23, 2007

I think the following actions should do the trick:

In Word, while the document is open, go to Tools > Options, and tick “Remove personal information from this file”. Then, save the file.

Warning: By these actions, ALL personal information attached to the file (it can be viewed in Properties) will be deleted.

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 07:00
English to Swedish
+ ...
Version-specific Feb 26, 2007

Mihai Badea wrote:

I think the following actions should do the trick:

In Word, while the document is open, go to Tools > Options, and tick “Remove personal information from this file”. Then, save the file.

Warning: By these actions, ALL personal information attached to the file (it can be viewed in Properties) will be deleted.

Hi all,

Please note that the option above was only introduced in the later version of Office (I think from 2003). If you're running anything older, you'll have problems.

I found a workaround, but I haven't tried it myself (migrated to another computer with 2003 instead):
http://www.proz.com/post/450530#450530

/Jan

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:00
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the tip Feb 26, 2007

Many thanks, Mihai and Jan. I don't understand why I didn't find the previous thread during my search through the forums. The reviewers will synchronise their names under 'options' and I've learned about removing the personal information, which is useful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

removing reviewer names from 'track changes'

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs