Changing spellchecker’s dictionary
Thread poster: Ines Cas (X)
Ines Cas (X)
Ines Cas (X)

Mar 1, 2007

Hi all,
I use the Microsoft Proofing tools spellchecker (Word 2003) and by mistake I have added a word that is incorrect to the dictionary. Could someone kindly tell me if there is a way of viewing the words I have added myself to the dictionary and how can I delete the incorrect word?
MTIA
Ines

Luiza Modesto
Luiza Modesto  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:24
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Deleting a word Mar 1, 2007

My MSWord is in English. Go to "Tools", "Options", click on the "Spelling&Grammar" tab, click on "Custom Dictionaries" button then on "Modify". Look for the word you entered and delete it. Good luck.

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:24
Polish to English
+ ...
Custom.dic Mar 2, 2007

Custom.dic is the default name of the file containing all the user-added words.

Find the location of the file (using Windows Explorer) and make a backup copy. This is just to be safe.

This is a text file with one word per line. You can edit it using the Windows Notepad or even MS Word (you have to save it as a text file if you edit it in Word).

It is useful to go through the custom.dic file on foot, so to speak, and weed out any other words you may have add
... See more
Custom.dic is the default name of the file containing all the user-added words.

Find the location of the file (using Windows Explorer) and make a backup copy. This is just to be safe.

This is a text file with one word per line. You can edit it using the Windows Notepad or even MS Word (you have to save it as a text file if you edit it in Word).

It is useful to go through the custom.dic file on foot, so to speak, and weed out any other words you may have added that you don't need anymore.

Pawel Skalinski
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing spellchecker’s dictionary

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »