MS Word stucks when I choose another language from language bar.
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 22:34
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Mar 16, 2007

I have got Win XP and Word XP. I have installed e-language station, so there is a small language bar on my computer screen and I can choose English or Hindi while working on MS Word files.

Sometimes, when I press the language bar to change the language, the Word file gets stuck and it does not obey any command. The system gets hanged for MS Word but I can do other works i.e. surfing the net, opening other folders. At last, I have to resort to Ctrl+Alt+Del to access the Windows Task Manager to close the Word file. This does not happen always but most of the times.

This is a very annoying problem and kills a great deal of time. What is the possible reason and how can I get rid of the same?

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:04
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moving the thread Mar 16, 2007

to Office Applications forum.

the Train  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:04
English to Arabic
+ ...
hi Mar 16, 2007

Try taking Natalie's advice for you to get answers. However, now that I am here... try changing language using your keyboard shortcut keys, if they are enabled. I change from Latin to Arabic pressing down control+shift on your ight hand side at the same time. This should do the trick. To go back to Latin, use the left ones.

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 20:04
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Or Mar 17, 2007

Shift + Alt on the left... works here (but then I have an especial program enabling Baltic and other languages- that overrides Microsoft settings).

Uldis

the Train wrote:
I change from Latin to Arabic pressing down control+shift on your right hand side at the same time. This should do the trick. To go back to Latin, use the left ones.

[Rediģēts plkst. 2007-03-17 23:54]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Word stucks when I choose another language from language bar.

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums