Mobile menu

Template empty and cursor not working in Word 2003
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:57
Partial member
+ ...
Mar 19, 2007

I was working on Word 2003 and Trados 2006 when all of a sudden, the cursor stopped working. I can't highlight anything, I can't use the mouse to place the cursor anywhere. I tried restarting Word and Trados, and it seemed to have solved the problem but after a few seconds it showed up again. I even reinstalled both programs but the problem keeps showing up.

I think the problem might be related to the template because once the cursor stops working, the template list seems to be empty.

I don't know what else to do. Does anyone have any idea about what might be wrong?

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 18:57
English to Spanish
If I were in your place... Mar 19, 2007

I don't know either what the problem might be, but, if I were in your place, I would export the TM on .txt, and create a NEW TM importing the same .txt TM.

Sometimes it works.

Have luck.

Airi Enge
Local time: 02:57
Partial member
English to Estonian
+ ...
Cursor not working Mar 25, 2007

I noticed that you have cursor not working in Word when you use Trados. I have the same happening when I use Wordfast. Usually everything is fine until I do term search. Sometimes just having various documents translated with Wordfast does the same.
I never had this problem until I got my Toshiba laptop though. Perhaps it is problem with laptops?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Template empty and cursor not working in Word 2003

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs