Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 21:06
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
Mar 19, 2007

I was working on Word 2003 and Trados 2006 when all of a sudden, the cursor stopped working. I can't highlight anything, I can't use the mouse to place the cursor anywhere. I tried restarting Word and Trados, and it seemed to have solved the problem but after a few seconds it showed up again. I even reinstalled both programs but the problem keeps showing up.

I think the problem might be related to the template because once the cursor stops working, the template list seems to be empty.

I don't know what else to do. Does anyone have any idea about what might be wrong?

Thanks
Claudia

Direct link Reply with quote

Anna Sylvia Villegas Carvallo
Mexico
Local time: 20:06
English to Spanish
If I were in your place... Mar 19, 2007

I don't know either what the problem might be, but, if I were in your place, I would export the TM on .txt, and create a NEW TM importing the same .txt TM.

Sometimes it works.

Have luck.

Airi Enge
Estonia
Local time: 04:06
Partial member
English to Estonian
+ ...
Cursor not working Mar 25, 2007

I noticed that you have cursor not working in Word when you use Trados. I have the same happening when I use Wordfast. Usually everything is fine until I do term search. Sometimes just having various documents translated with Wordfast does the same.
I never had this problem until I got my Toshiba laptop though. Perhaps it is problem with laptops?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Template empty and cursor not working in Word 2003

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs