Urgent help needed! Column with characters appear and I can't write my text correctly
Thread poster: Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:45
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 20, 2007

Hi,

Can anyone help me out as soon as possible?

I was going through a translation I have to hand out this morning and editing what is wrong with office 2003 and Trados 7.

I was going to change "por" by "pode" and I deleted the "r" in order to add "de".

At that moment, a column appeared at "po" and as I wrote "de" some Japanese/Chinese characters were being written.

This is very urgent. I still have 35 pages to check...

... See more
Hi,

Can anyone help me out as soon as possible?

I was going through a translation I have to hand out this morning and editing what is wrong with office 2003 and Trados 7.

I was going to change "por" by "pode" and I deleted the "r" in order to add "de".

At that moment, a column appeared at "po" and as I wrote "de" some Japanese/Chinese characters were being written.

This is very urgent. I still have 35 pages to check...

TIA
Ivana
Collapse

Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:45
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem misteriously solved... Mar 20, 2007

Does anyone know why this happened?

TIA
Ivana

Ken Cox
Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:45
German to English
+ ...
Word autoformatting etc.? Mar 20, 2007

It could be that Word is trying to be helpful by autoformatting your text. IMHO these features are generally useless to dangerous for document editing (which includes translation).

In Tools / AutoCorrect, disable all the options under 'Apply as you type' on the 'AutoFormat as you type' tab and under 'Apply' on the 'AutoFormat' tab.

HTH -- Ken

[Edited at 2007-03-20 09:08]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent help needed! Column with characters appear and I can't write my text correctly

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »