Thread poster: Can Altinbay
Can Altinbay
Can Altinbay  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:51
Japanese to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Apr 20, 2007

PowerPoint just crashed on me and won't open the recovery file. Wouldn't you know it's the one time I have forgotten to save occasionally, and I've lost a fair amount of work.

Does anyone know if there's a way to get the thing to open that recovered file? (it starts to open it, you can see it briefly in the status bar, but then stops completely)

Henrik Pipoyan
Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:51
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
Try this Apr 20, 2007

Create a new PowerPoint file, then open Insert > Slides from Files. Hit the Browse button and select the damaged file. If the problem is in one single slide, you can delete it and go on working. You can also select specific slides to insert.

Or, if the original file opens and says as long that you can change the view mode, try selecting the Slide Show mode. That way you may be able to delete the slides and cause the problem.

I hope this helps.

Henry

tlmurray (X)
tlmurray (X)
Local time: 17:51
English
Third-party recovery tools Apr 21, 2007

I have heard of third-party applications that say they will recover PowerPoint files. I have never used one, however, so I can't recommend any. Just Google for "PowerPoint recovery".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PowerPoint recovery

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »